- Exploration of Newari culture
- Indrasarovar Lake
- Wonderful homestay experience
- Splendid views of Bheda farm
- A close exploration of ancient remarkable history along with art and architecture.
Markhu, a beautiful place in Makwanpur, is popular for Indrasarovar Lake’s beautiful view and delicious fishes. The lake includes boating which charges US$ 1.5 per head for half and hour boating and it can be extended with the increase in price. Markhu includes impressive villages, small green forests, stunning waterfall, thrilling suspension bridge and some stone steps along the way. After a short walk from Markhu, we reach the Bheda Farm (Sheep Farm) which is the key attraction point where the doom shaped hill locks with green pasture land poses a vibrant beauty for this place.
Chitlang is an ancient Newar settlement dating back to Lichchhavi era. It is 9 kms far from Markhu. Some of the major attraction of this area is Newari houses, art and architecture, stupa and chaitya as well as the village itself. It holds the ancient memories of Prithvi Narayan Shah as he committed to capture the Kathmandu city after seeing the beautiful view of Kathmandu from Chitlang. Chitlang is also famous for the organic village resort and the Pear Garden.
Trek to Markhu (23.2 kms)
Trek to Chitlang (11.7kms)
Back to Kathmandu (26.7 kms)
Includes and Excludes
- Airport pickup and Transfer to hotel by private car
- Kathmandu sightseeing
- Accommodation in Kathmandu, homestay in Markhu and Chitlang
- Road tax, Driver allowance etc
- First aid medical box
- International Airfares and Nepal Visa
- Meals during the trek
- Entrance fee for the monuments
- All kinds of Drinks (Alcohol, hot, cold drinks)