Paragliding In Nepal
Ever wondered how it feels to be a bird and then view the earth down. To soar above the highest peaks in the world, beautiful lakes, rivers, and forests are much fun filled. Then Paragliding in Nepal is a wonderful and fulfilling experience for a once-in-a-lifetime adventure. This trip will take you over some of the best scenery on Earth, as you share airspace with Himalayan griffin vultures, float over the villages, monasteries, temples, lakes and jungle, with a fantastic view of the majestic Himalayas.
Pokhara is considered one of the best destinations to paraglide since it provides a breathtaking aerial view of Pokhara City, Phewa Lake and the Annapurna Himalayan range close up. Paragliding in Pokhara takes off from Sarangkot. Sarangkot is a popular destination for viewing sunrises and sunsets. You will be picked up from your hotel in Pokhara and driven to Sarangkot, approximately 45 minutes away. After a short briefing from your instructor, you will get ready to take off, launching from about 1800 meters elevation.
This adventure will allow you to see three peaks, a view of the lakes and monasteries, jungles and the entire city. The 25-30-minute flight will be one of the most enthralling experiences of your lifetime.
The experience of soaring high in the sky, getting a bird’s eye view of the Annapurna Range, Machhapuchhre, Lamjung Himal, Hiunchuli and Phewa Lake, rivers and green fields is something you will never forget.
You will end your adventure by landing near the banks of Phewa Lake, where your driver will be waiting to take you back to Pokhara. You will also get to take home the memories of your adventures with your free flight video.
Arrival at Kathmandu
Kathmandu to Pokhara
Hiking to Sarangkot (1590m)
Paragliding and sightseeing tour
Pokhara to Kathmandu
Things to know
You can go paragliding in Pokhara year-round as long as it’s not raining and the thermals are active.
The peak season for bookings matches the normal tourist season in Nepal – September/October/November and February/March. The fall months are the clearest where thermals develop quickly with easy, high flying of up to 3000 m.
Paragliding companies offer 3 flights a day, 7 days a week: 10:30 AM, 12:00 PM and 2:00 PM.
- Please wear running shoes, a full sleeved top and a wind jacket
• this tour is not suitable for people with mobility impairments
• Minimum age for participation is 10 years old
• This activity is subject to optimal wind and thermal conditions. There may be some additional waiting time if take-off conditions are unsuitable.
INCLUDES AND EXCLUDES
- Pickup and drop from the airport and Hotel.
- Accommodation of lodges, hotels/ homestay
- Trekking permit fee
- Trekkings maps
- Entrance fee to tourist areas
- Porter fee
- Trekking guide
- Farewell dinner before departure
- Equipment for the trekker
- Government services charges and tax
- International airfares and Nepal visa.
- Emergency rescue evacuation if required
- Extra porter and extra luggage
- personal belongings and shopping
- Meals during the trek.
- Any alcoholic beverages and your personal expenses such as laundry and phone bills etc.
- Gratitude for guide and porters.