UPPER MUSTANG TREK
- Exploration of Tibetan Buddhist Culture and Tradition
- Ancient Monasteries and Gumbas
- Splendid view of Mountain peak and other Natural Scenario
- Kali Gandaki River
- Exploration of rural life in Nepal
- Kathmandu and Pokhara sightseeing
Mustang “The Lost Kingdom”
Mustang is popular among the visitors by its name itself. One of the most visited place by both national and International tourists. Mustang is considered as the land of Lamas and Buddhism, and a Himalayan kingdom.T he trip starts with Kathmandu sightseeing and ends at Kathmandu as well. Along with Kathmandu, you will get to explore the famous tourism cities in Nepal like Pokhara, Jomsom and pilgrimage places such as Muktinath. Mustang was open to the trekkers and visitor only in 1990 which is why it is considered as the Last Forbidden Kingdom. Mustang is considered as the land of Lamas and Buddhism, and a Himalayan kingdom.
Mustang lies in Northern Nepal Covering an area of 3573km with it’s headquartering on Jomsom. It extends northward on the Tibetan plateau. It is popularly known as “The Himalayan Kingdom” or “The Mountain Desert”. Mustang was once a forbidden Kingdom bordered by Tibetan plateau and sheltered by some of the world’s tallest peaks. Until 1992 Mustang was restricted area for tourism. The word Mustang was derived from the Tibetan word meaning “Plain of Aspiration”. Kali Gandaki valley forms the border to east and west. Kaligandaki River, George, various ancient Gumpas and stupas, Tibetan culture, various caves, the deserts with green vegetations around, the splendid view to Mount Annapurna and Dhaulagiri, Nilgiri are the major attraction of this area.
Arrival in Kathmandu
Drive to Pokhara
Fly to Jomsom and trek to kagbeni (2847m)
Trek to Chele (3,050m) 5-6 hrs walk
Trek to Syangboche (3,800m) 6-7 hrs walk
Trek to Ghami (3,520m), 5-6 hours
Trek to Charang (3,560m) 4 hrs walk
Trek to Lo-Manthang (3,840m)
Exploration of Lo-Manthang
Trek to Dhamkar (3,820m) 7-8 hrs walk
Trek down to Syangboche
Trek to Chhusang (2,980m) 5-6 hrs walk
Trek to Jomsom (2,720m)
Fly to Pokhara and rest
Drive or fly back to Kathmandu afternoon free at leisure.
INCLUDES AND EXCLUDES
- Pickup and drop from the airport and Hotel.
- Accommodation in Kathmandu and Pokhara as per itinerary
- Trekking maps
- Ground transportation
- Private vehicles cost
- Government taxes and service charges
- Domestic flight ticket during your trekking journey
- Accommodation of lodges, hotels/ homestay
- Trekking Entry permit fee
- TIMS ( Trekking Information Management System)
- Entrance fee to tourist areas
- Porter fee
- Experienced licenced trekking guide
- Farewell dinner before departure
- Equipment for the trekkers
- Food and accommodations
- International airfares and Nepal visa.
- Travel insurances
- Meals and dinner in Kathmandu and Pokhara
- Emergency rescue evacuation if required
- Extra porter and extra luggage
- personal shopping belongings and shoppings
- Meals during the trek.
- Any alcoholic beverages and your personal expenses such as laundry and phone bills etc.
- Gratitude for guide and porters.